Sunday, August 5, 2007

Brief Introduction

I’ll intentionally keep things a little fuzzy here. I grew up in a liberal Orthodox community in an observant home. My father is learned and deeply committed, although I’m not sure he knows why, and my mother’s reason for everything is simply “tradition!” Myself, I am an arch-skeptic who practices (at least publicly) some form of Orthodox Judaism. I’m in a similar boat to XGH in that I am in search of a (truthful) theology to justify my practice, although that will not be the focus of this blog, as I’m somewhat skeptical that such a belief system exists. As for my personal beliefs:

God: Not provable, but I have faith here.
TMS: This would be embarrassing to God if it were true.
OJ: Weird, but what I'm used to and somewhat enjoy. Unbeatable networking tool.

-Skeptodox